The simple pleasures of staying home provide a pleasant escape from gloomy winter weather and a hectic holiday season. Here are some quick and easy tips to enjoy nesting at home even more.
- Brighten up you space on gloomy days by displaying groups of pillar style electronic LED candles on tables and dressers. LED candles mimic the intimate and inviting glow of real candles without the messy wax drippings of real candles, and they are reusable.
- Fill you space with flavorful and fragrant scents. A mix of spices such as cinnamon sticks, cloves, all spice, and nutmeg and simmering in a pot of boiling water on the stove creates a comforting smell coming from the heart of the home, the kitchen.
- Nothing beats the winter blues like getting lost in an engaging book and a hot cup of tea. Find a cozy spot to curl up under a warm blanket to read a good book and enjoy a hot beverage at your leisure.
- Make the bedroom more cozy with warm flannel blankets on the bed, Drape an attractive quilt or extra blanket at the foot of the bed for extra warmth and style. A quilt that looks like it came from grandma's house or a fuzzy blanket that begs to be touched creates the look and feeling of warmth when not in use.
- Play soothing but upbeat instrumental music at a low volume. Places like Bed Bath and Beyond often have displays of instrumental music CD's that you can sample before purchasing or you can find music of all types on popular music web sites. Instrumental music playing in the background creates a relaxed mood and filters out less pleasant noises like traffic from outside.