Attention shoppers, Elle Décor magazine's web site recently featured an article called 13 Tricks That Can Help You Save Money At Target! The list includes everything from obvious tricks like asking for a rain check if a sale item is out of stock to unexpected tricks like combining a Target coupon with a manufacturers coupon. This article is a must read for all of us who love shopping at target. Threshold Flannel Sheet Set pictured.
Here are a few of my own shopping tips for saving money at any store.
- Shop the day after Halloween for candy and Halloween décor. The candy can go in the freezer to be saved for another time and the décor can be saved for next year.
- Just because that clearance item is out stock in your size in store does not mean it's out of stock online. Take note of the brand and size of the item you need and look for that clearance item online if you can't find it in store.
- Visit the store's web site or sign up for a mailing list to stay current on new specials and deals.
- Shop your favorite stores often. The more familiar you become with their merchandise and how often they do markdowns the greater chance you will score deals on things you want.
- Pay attention to coupons attached to the packaging. Some items, such as food items, may have coupons attached that you can use in store right away.
- Learn the location of clearance items. For some stores clearance items are located on end caps at the end of the aisles. For other stores clearance is hidden in the far corners of the store turning shopping into a real treasure hunt.