When it's freezing cold outside I'm tempted to stay home and hibernate until the spring thaw, but I can only stay inside watching hours of HGTV before I go stir crazy. The key to keeping my sanity and enjoying time spent at home is having a variety of things to do. Here are a few tips to having more fun at home without spending a fortune.
- Hit your local library and stock up. Checking out a variety of books, entertaining DVDs, exercise videos, books on CD is sure to keep things interesting when you need a break from TV reruns and endless emails.
- Do something active just for the fun of it. Check out a belly dancing DVD from the library, dance around to your upbeat music like a pop star, do Tai Chi or some other stress relieving exercise.
- Express your creative side by making something. Try out new recipes, practice a craft, or simply set you dining table in an attractive and inviting manor.
- Play dress up. Experiment with new looks using the makeup and wardrobe items you already own. For example, apply eye shadows in new ways, treating your everyday eye shadow like an eye liner or mix separates in you wardrobe in ways you have never worn before.
- Freshen you space by rearranging your bookcase displays, removing visible clutter from your space, clean like company is coming so you can enjoy a clean home.
- Pamper yourself. Instead of rushing through your beauty routine take time to enjoy the sensual texture of the moisturizer as you apply it to your skin, appreciate the beautiful color of the polish you are applying to your nails, and treat yourself to a facial mask or hair conditioning treatment.