The cure for boredom is simple, try something new! A predictable routine that involves doing the same boring tasks over and over again the exact same way will eventually suck the life out of you like a vampire. Trying something new doesn't have to be a big gesture like sky diving (although that does sound like fun) it can be as simple as taking a fresh approach to things you normally do. Here are some fresh ideas to get you started.
- Are negative coworker getting on your nerves? Tune them out with upbeat music. I bought a cheap MP3 player and stocked it with upbeat music and a motivational tape. Now instead of listening to my coworkers gripe all day, I rock out to feel good tunes. Some of my favorite feel good tunes include Beautiful Life by Ace of Base, Good Feeling by Flo Rida, Aquarius - Let The Sunshine In by the Fifth Dimension, and Hold on Tight by ELO.
- Instead of sweating and swearing through that exercise video you almost have memorized, take a walk in the park on a nice day and enjoy the abundance of beauty nature has to offer. You could also check out your local community center for fun exercise classes like belly dancing or Zumba.
- Actively seek out inspiring ideas. Look at the displays at you local fashion or home goods store. Pay attention to the combination of different shapes, textures, colors and proportions used in an eye catching display. Create your own Pinterest board and collect images that inspire you. For inspiring home decor ideas click on the Pinterest button at the top left to visit my collection of inspiring home decor ideas.
- Shop for something ordinary like groceries in a more interesting way. Visit a local farmer's market for fresh food and free entertainment. If you are a creative cook visit ethnic food shops for spices and other food products specific to a certain culture
- Laugh more. Find a TV comedy that's funny to you and watch it regulary. Read a book by an amusing author or read a comic strip. To brighten your mood instantly, remember a joke or situation that made you laugh out loud.